Here's How You Gently Detox Your Child’s Body From Heavy Metal Exposure From Food!
Knowledge is key. A new study found many types of food eaten by babies and toddlers contained high levels of heavy metals, such as lead, cadmium, and arsenic. For babies/toddlers, consuming these metals can increase the risk of having a negative effect on their cognitive development, behavior, digestive system, and, according to Consumer Reports, can be linked to autism and attention deficit disorder. If your baby was or may have been exposed to heavy metals in his/her food, my heart goes out to you. The safety of your baby's nutrition is such a priority, and to know there's a deep flaw in what you believed to be the trusted preparation of your child's food is an absolute violation. Action is power. While I know it can be easy to take the path of worrying, I invite you to switch gears and take the path of action.
There are gentle detoxification steps you can take right now to assist your baby, or toddler:
1. Aromatherapy - This 6000+ year old practice involves the responsible and medicinal use of essential oils, which are extracted from plant parts, to change the direction of a condition. There are key essential oils that support the body to release toxins/heavy metals, via urine, sweat, bile, and stool. A unique essential oil blend can be created to massage, clockwise, on your baby or toddler's stomach/abdominal areas. The properties of the essential oils are absorbed into the blood, and travels throughout the body. Aromatherapy, and reflexology, are gentle support I recommend for your child. (I'll tell you more about reflexology below)
If you're a mommy of a toddler, and, know that s(he) has been exposed to heavy metals, and you want to assist them with detox as well, there's more I recommend:
1. Support them to drink water everyday. Ideally, half their body's weight in ounces of water everyday keeps their body hydrated - assisting to carry metals consistently out of the body. In the morning, before breakfast, give them 2 to 4 ounces of warm water with a small slice of lemon squeezed into it. This stimulates the gastrointestinal tract, and aids in the process of elimination. The liver is also stimulated, which helps the body with detoxification. p.s. When the body is hydrated, urine should be a clear color.
2. To further support the gastrointestinal (GI) tract, and, because vibrant health starts in the stomach/digestive system, it is imperative that, along with providing them food that is safe and nourishing, give them digestive enzymes and probiotics everyday. Both powerfully assist their bodies to work in partnership with the GI tract to properly digest what they eat, absorb nutrients their growing bodies need, eliminate what their body doesn't need - such as heavy metals. p.s. Bowel movements are required daily for general healthy living, and, to allow metals to consistently leave the body.
3. Their are certain herbs that helps the body to gently detox. For example, ginger is stimulating to the digestive, and circulatory systems, which encourages cleansing the build-up of toxins within the organs.
4. With its origin dating back to ancient Egypt and China, reflexology is a safe option to stimulate the blood and organs to support easily transporting metals out of the body. The beauty of this option is that your child's whole body is mapped out on his/her feet, so it's quite accessible to administer the special hand and finger techniques of reflexology that will positively affect her body. This promotes a release of toxins/metals that may be throughout the entire body, including brain.
The right guidance can produce the fastest, and most-lasting results.
Moms, I do encourage you to work with a qualified holistic healthcare professional to create and have a wellness plan in place to safely detox your baby/child from possible or known heavy metal exposure. My office specializes in aromatherapy, herbal therapy, reflexology, enzyme/probiotic therapy, and others. I invite you to inquire about these therapies as inclusions in your family's detox, and, complete wellness plan. -N p.s. You're a super-busy mom. I know. I understand. That's why you can experience our problem-solving health sessions over the phone in the convenience of your home, office, car...